Top 5 Places to Visit in CorfuYour easy guide to the best holiday in Corfu
Do you like going to new and better destinations to spend some quality time? People normally prefer to go to some of the best and popular destinations on the planet, but if you are a frequent traveler then you must have already seen most of these places. Hence, it’s time that you look out for some better holiday destinations where you can have more fun.
Corfu is a Greek island in Ionian Sea and it is soon becoming one of the hottest places in Greece. Hence, you will find a lot of tourists and travelers coming here to spend some good time with their friends and family. Here we will take a quick look at some of the best places that you can look out for when you are in Corfu.
1. St. Spiridon’s Church – If you are reading more about Corfu holidays you will certainly come to know more about this place. The church is named after St. Spiridon who was a bishop from Cyprus who had performed minor miracles. The church is very famous in Corfu and therefore you will find many tourists and visitors coming here to see a closer look at the church. If you are interested in enjoying your holidays then you should come here on Easter when the locals parade the mummified body of St. Spiridon.
2. Archaeological Museum of Corfu – Well, you should know that Corfu has been one of the oldest islands around Greece and therefore you can also find some references of it in the history. The Archaeological Museum of Corfu is something you should not miss out when you are here. The museum was built between 1962-65 and inaugurated in 1967. You can take a look at the Great Temple of Artemis here which was made around 585 B.C. You will even find clay pottery and terracotta statuettes that tell more about Archaic and Roman era.
3. Corfu Golf Course – If you want to take break from your work, you can always come here for golf as Corfu has one of the best golf courses in Europe. The golf course has been designed by Swiss architect Donald Harradine and is open seven days a week.
4. Achillion Palace – If you don’t want to spend too much of money because you are on cheap holiday budget then you can at least enjoy the beauty of this palace that is located in Gastouri outside Benitses. The palace was built by the Empress Elisabeth of Austria soon after she visited Corfu in 1890.
5. Aqualand – When you are on an island you have to take a splash in the water and you can do that in Aqualand which is one of the largest water parks in Europe. You can even get some discounts if you visit the park after 3 pm. However, it is always advisable to book your stay somewhere close to the park so that you can rest after splashing all over the rides.