Corfu Traditional Recipes: SofritoYour easy guide to the best holiday in Corfu Island
- 800 g beef, veal
- 70 g all-purpose flour
- 50 g olive oil
- 3-4 clove(s) of garlic
- 100 g balsamic vinegar, white
- 100 g white wine
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 500-600 g water, boiling
- 1 level tablespoon(s) granulated sugar
- 50 g capers
- lemon zest, of 1 lemon
- lemon juice, of 1 lemon
- 1/2 bunch parsley
For the potatoes
- 1 kilo potatoes, boiled
- 2 tablespoon(s) vinegar, white
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- slices lemon
For the sofrito
- Place a pan over heat and let it get very hot.
- Cut the meat into little pieces and transfer to a bowl. Add the salt, pepper and flour. Mix with your hands.
- Add the olive oil to the hot pan. Add the meat and sauté on both sides until golden. When ready, transfer to a bowl.
- In a shallow pot, add the olive oil, minced garlic, the meat, vinegar and wine. Mix.
- Add the bouillon cube, water and granulated sugar. Lower heat, cover with lid and simmer for 1 ½ hours. Check the food every half hour and add extra water, if necessary.
- When ready, remove pot from heat and add the capers, lemon zest, lemon juice and finely chopped parsley. Mix.
For the potatoes
- Cut the potatoes into pieces and place in a bowl. Add the white vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix. Lightly press on the potatoes to break them up.
- Place the potatoes on a serving place. Add the meat over them, top with finely chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
Rent your car
Lowest rates guarantee, no credit card, no hidden fees
Compare prices get the lowest price and book your Corfu Hotel
Book your tickets now and get a 10% discount
Offers the perfect way to see sights and sounds of the city
Explore and experience Corfu through the eyes of a local private guide! Browse our tour ‘suggestions’